Do you like this website? You can vote!
Promote this website: Discover the new Affiliation Program
Bookmark this site
Buy an Icon on My Desktop
If you're looking for the cheapest way to advertise your
website, you're at the right place! There is room for your icon
on the desktop of my computer.
Pixel-based advertising is a new and very efficient way to make
thousands of visitors discover your website.
Icons on my desktop (published as The Million Dollar Screenshot)
are available for sale. Each icon costs US$100. You can buy as many
icons as you like, as long as there are some available. Please read
all of the following Terms and Conditions if you are about to buy an
Terms and Conditions
(*) Well, I will probably offer a way to change your icon/link
but then I may charge you. Basicaly, I don't want to receive too many
requests. The best way to limit them is to forbid them or to charge
- The minimum purchase is $100 (1 icon), and the maximum purchase
is whatever is left
- When you buy one of my icons you will not own any part of the
screenshot or this site, but rather you are granted the right to
submit an image and link which will put on my desktop as an icon and
then be published on the screenshot
- You can not change the image or link later (*). So be sure of the image
and link you want. Remember your icon will be there for at least 5 years.
- If your image and link are accepted, set on my desktop and
published on the screenshot, you cannot get a refund
- The site and screenshot will be online for at least 5 years
(starting from 29th October 2005), so at least until 29th October
2010, but possibly even longer
- No obscene or offensive images or links will be
accepted, and I decide what is appropriate for my desktop (that
excludes nudity, gambling and anything illegal). If
you submit an image or link that is rejected, you will have the
opportunity to provide an alternative, otherwise your money will be
refunded and you will lose your icon
- No link including a query part will be accepted (so the link
should not include a '?'). I'm not really interested to promote
- If your link is accepted and you later change the content of the
linked site to show offensive or obscene material then your link will
be removed until you provide a new one, and you will not get a refund
of any kind for the link downtime
- If for whatever reason in the future you want your image and link
removed from my desktop (and so from the screenshot), you can do that, but you will not get a
refund and the space will become publically available again
- The image must be exactly 32x32 pixels (if it is not 32x32, it will be scaled)
- The image must be in ICO format (PNG, GIF and BMP are also accepted but they will be converted to the ICO format)
- The link must be to a web page only and begin with http://
- The text for the tooltip must be short (60 characters)
- The text for the caption must be short (about 20 characters)
- You must have the authority to provide the image and link for the
website you submit
- You must have the copyright on the image you submit
- Funds must be fully recieved and cleared before your icon goes
live on my desktop and then on the screenshot
- There might be occasional downtime for site maintenence but I'll
try and keep these to a minimum
- Once you have ordered and the funds have cleared (eg. in my
PayPal or bank account), I will aim to get your icon online within
24-48hrs (but please have patience if things kick off and loads of
people order at the same time)
- The transaction is set between individuals, You and Me
- The content of the screenshot may change from time to time, in
particular the background; however all the icons will be kept in
- Some icons may be temporarly hidden by a window or a dialog box
- If you buy more than one icon, each icon must have a different
image, caption and link (different website).
Not yet convinced?
Just read this and you will be. I have very
Don't know which icon to choose?
I have extracted the click frequency
from the webserver logs. That may (or may not) help you to decide.
Ready to buy one of my icons?
The ideal payment method for purchasing an icon is to use
PayPal. Once you have paid for your icon, please e-mail
email@example.com with the following:
- Attach your image (it should be 32x32 and in PNG, ICO, GIF or BMP format).
- State which website you would like your graphic linking to (must
begin with 'http://').
- State what caption you want for your icon, max. 20
characters. The caption may be truncated if it is too long.
- State what tooltip text you want for your icon, max. 60
characters. Tooltip appears when people hover their cursor over your
Please note if two or more people in the queue ask for the same
position on the homepage, the person who ordered earliest will have
for an icon located at (7,2)
The Million Dollar Screenshot © 2005 Guillaume
Desnoix. All rights reserved. I am not responsible for the
content of external sites. The icons featured on the
screenshot are © of their respective owners. Some graphic
elements are © Microsoft.
The Million Dollar Screenshot is a trademark of
Guillaume Desnoix in France and other countries.